Tinhouse Brewing is looking for some awesome people to work part-time and casual shifts in our front of house. The right candidate(s) will have a fantastic focus on customer service, be comfortable with being crazy busy, and keeping their cool, smart sense of humour. This is a position that requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, primarily weekend open and closing shifts, with some weeknight closing shifts. Lots of opportunities exist to grow the position into something bigger as Tinhouse continues to grow.
- Serving customers with a great attitude, product knowledge, and professionalism
- Performing transactions using our Point of Sale and payment processing systems, including cash, debit and credit transactions
- Ensuring compliance with regulations including ID checks, serving limits, health and safety, etc.
- Cleaning and sanitization for all aspects of the front of house including bar stainless and draft systems, tables, seating and flooring, washrooms
- Refilling and maintaining displays of product (packaged products, merchandise)
- Changing kegs in our cold room
- Working with your fellow teammates to solve problems, using your best judgement
- Reading, understanding and following any Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies, and similar directions including health & safety matters.
- Hourly rate of $15.20/hr + Tips earned, paid bi-weekly. Note that cash tips are paid out per shift, all other controlled tips ie: debit/credit tips are paid with your bi-weekly payroll.
- Discounts on Tinhouse products and merchandise.
- 19+ years of age, with a current Serving It Right certificate
- Excellent customer service experience in a serving or retail environment
- Great knowledge of beer styles, including brewing process & ingredients used, to help describe beers to customers
- Able to move (using handcart) and change a 50L keg
Highly Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with TouchBistro POS
- Experience with Moneris payment processing systems
- Experience with draft systems, including knowledge of carbonation systems
- Certified Beer Server (Cicerone)
We are located in Port Coquitlam, in the Fremont area, near the Poco Traboulay Trail and the Pitt River Bridge. We acknowledge that our brewery operates on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem First Nation). We thank the kʷikʷəƛ̓əm who continue to live on these lands and care for them, along with the waters and all that is above and below. We have a 50 seat self-serve lounge and patio and we are open 7 days a week, 365 days a year for draft beer service and off-sales. We support local businesses by hosting food trucks weekly, and performance musicians on a regular basis. We are members of the Canadian Craft Brewers Association and the BC Brewers Guild. Tinhouse supports the Diversity in Brewing scholarship program at KPU, as well as Share Society (Tri-Cities), Movember, and the Canadian Mental Health Association. We are a Safe Space and have a zero-tolerance policy for racism, discrimination, harassment.
How to Apply
Send a copy of your resume with a brief email introducing yourself to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also drop off a copy at our lounge on weekdays between 12 and 4pm.